If you’re injured or suffer losses due to a bicycle accident that is due to someone else’s negligence, you have a legal right to file a compensation case. Without the right knowledge and experience or legal background, filing and navigating these lawsuits isn’t easy, necessitating the need for a bicycle accident attorney. Discussed below are four reasons to hire a lawyer after a bicycle accident.
Legal understanding and expertise
Bicycle accidents are governed by state and local regulations, which aren’t easy for you to interpret and understand. A bicycle accident attorney is a crucial resource when it comes to understanding the laws surrounding bicycle accidents.
These regulations significantly influence your claim, particularly when determining liability. With the help of a knowledgeable and experienced bicycle accident lawyer, it becomes easier to navigate these laws and understand your legal rights to ensure you’re well-represented in a court of law.
If you suffer bicycle accident-related injuries or losses, attorneys from a trusted law firm, such as sadakafirm.com, can help you understand the relevant laws and how they affect your case. This helps ensure your lack of knowledge doesn’t jeopardize your compensation claim.
Proving negligence or liability in a bicycle accident case is key to winning your personal injury compensation claim. Your attorney helps gather the evidence you require to build a strong personal injury claim. Some of the pieces of evidence they can collect to support your claim include:
- Police report: If the authorities are notified after the accident, a police report detailing the happenings is drafted. That report is part of the crucial evidence you require, as it contains all the relevant details pertaining to the crash
- Medical records: They form a very significant part of your case as they relate to your injuries. These records may include X-rays, hospital bills, doctor’s notes, and more
- Witness statements: If there were eyewitnesses to the accident, your attorney will interrogate them and record their statements
- Expert opinions: If there are disputes regarding damages’ severity or liability, your lawyer can seek expert opinion to ensure clarity and eliminate doubt
Your bicycle accident lawyer can also get videos and photos of the scene, look at past traffic violations, and road or weather logs.
Deal with insurers
Dealing with insurance companies during claim processes isn’t easy. Insurers are only concerned about their interests and can use manipulative tactics to lower compensation or invalidate your claim. A bicycle accident lawyer can handle insurance companies on your behalf. Their experience dealing with insurers and negotiation skills can help get you the compensation you deserve. Leaving insurance dealings to your attorney lowers the risk of insurance companies invalidating your claim or reducing compensation.
Value your claim
Your bicycle accident claim’s worth equals the total financial and intangible losses you suffer after the accident. Without the right knowledge, you might end up over or under-valuing your claim. A bicycle accident lawyer can help ensure your personal injury claim is accurately calculated by including the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Mental anguish
- Property repairs and replacements
Once the claim is adequately calculated, your attorney can negotiate for the highest possible compensation.
Bicycle accident lawsuits aren’t easy to deal with. However, hiring a bicycle accident lawyer can come in handy.